Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Artsy Wednesday - Ruffian Manicure

Hi darls! Today's Artsy Wednesday theme is a ruffian manicure! A ruffian is pretty much an inverted half moon manicure. It is a lovely little design but I did have a bit of difficulty deciding on how best to apply it. I tried painting my nail the base colour and then painting over that colour, but keeping the ruffian visible, but I just couldn't paint on a good enough oval shape, so I decided to paint the top colour first, use a reinforcement sticker and paint the little bit of nail visible with my second colour. I used 1 coat of Jordana Calcium Gel Basecoat, 1 coat of China Glaze - Peachy Keen, 1 coat of China Glaze - Midnight Kiss, followed by 1 coat of Cult Nails - Wicked Fast.





I really like this look, it's super feminine and cute!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to check out the other lovely ladies who have partaken in today's Artsy Wednesday theme!
Michelle - Lab Muffin
Holly - Hooked!
Catrine - Unnaked Nails
Jessica - Beauty Gnome
 

11 comments:

  1. Aww, this is a gorgeous combination, the peach and the gold look so stunning together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute <3
    i'm your follower, would you mind to follow me back? :)
    xoxo
    find me♥
    Twitter // Blog // Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and classy...perfect pairing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice, it looks so fancy with the golden polish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alanna PrettyPurplePolishJuly 12, 2012 at 8:26 AM

    Love the peach and gold combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, very cute colours! :) Love the gold highlights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours u used here! So nice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE LOVE LOVE this colour combo! i need a gold like this in my life! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a seriously amazing gold! My favourite and go-to colour for gold!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving this colour combo, super glam!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic!!!!great mix of colors I love but would never have thought of on my own.

    ReplyDelete