Thursday, November 22, 2012

OPI's Mariah Carey Collection & Liquid Sand Swatches

Hi guys!! Today I have some new colours from the Mariah Carey 2013 collection to show you! This collection consists of 4 liquid sand colours and 4 normal colours. Here is a look at the colours in the collection. 
Top Row L-R: Can't Let Go, The Impossible, Stay The Night, Get Your Number. Bottom Row L-R: Pink Yet Lavender, Anti Bleak, A Butterfly Moment, Sprung.
    



Today I am showing you 2 normal colours and 1 liquid sand colour. 

A Butterfly Moment* is a really lovely bronzed nude colour and is literally like applying a darker version of Benefit High Beam for your face! It is gorgeous and really suits my skin tone well. It only needed 1 coat for opacity and no top coat is shown in the photo. It is so much more gorgeous IRL, it's illuminating!


Sprung* is a chocolate bronze version of OPI's - Goldeneye from the 007 collection (see a swatch here). It is stunning! Not much more to say about it but it does require 2 coats for opacity. No top coat is shown in the pictures.


Lastly, Get Your Number* is 1 of the liquid sand colours and is a sheer navy blue jelly base filled with tiny silver glitters and larger holographic glitters. It is seriously cool. I didn't think I would like the "textured nail look" but it is so much cooler in person! Only needs 2 coats and it dries into a gritty surface. It isn't as gritty and harsh to touch as you think it'd be but applying top coat definitely dulls the effect. Nonetheless, it is super cool and I like it a lot!




With Topcoat
 So these are my picks from the collection! Do you like the look of these and will you be working out your wallet? I think I need the rest of this collection!

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think in the comments below.






4 comments:

  1. How does Get your number compare to Last Friday night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can tell (I don't actually own Last Friday Night) Get Your Number has a darker base colour, whereas LFN is lighter and has pink irridescent glitters whereas GYN has silver and holographic ones and it dries gritty whereas LFN doesn't. GYN is very unique. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get Your Number looks gorgeous on you! I'll definitely check out that collection.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete